Who Doesn't Love Spicy Root Beer?! So refreshing & satisfying, especially when you make your own filled with revitalizing herbals. We adapted the recipes from Mountain Rose Herbs & Foodie With Family to add more kick & create 100% vegan organic treat! It's so simple & delicious you'll find yourself making a huge batch to last & opening the bottle just for an aromalicious whiff.
- 15 g sassafras bark
- 5 g anise
- 2 vanilla beans
- 7 g licorice root
- 5 g ginger root
- < 1 g juniper berries (10 berries +)
- < 1 g hops flowers (5 flowers+)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- sugar equal to the amount of decoction produced
We get our herbs in bulk when we cannot grow them ourselves from Mountain Rose Herbs (link here) our trusted source for quality organic herbals. It is important to use organic products to avoid the build up of toxic pesticides in the body. If you are interested in more information click here.
I love recipes using herbs! There are many ways you could adjust these ingredients to get different benefits. Consider trying Cardamom, Burdock Root, Marshmallow Root, Nutmeg, Allspice, Chaga, Coriander Seeds, Cinnamon or whatever your heart desires to reap the rewards of different herbals.
- Boil 4 cups water
- Add sassafras bark & boil 10 min.
- Add other herbs & boil 15 min. more
- Let infuse overnight for maximum power & strain well into a measuring container.
- Combine 1 cup sugar per 1 cup liquid from infusion & molasses then bring to a boil, lower heat, simmer 5 min.
- Let cool, add 3 drops wintergreen essential oil, gently stir, bottle in a sterile dark glass airtight containers preferably & voila!
- To store keep in fridge for up to 1 year.
To Make Soda
Add this homemade root beer syrup to a sparkling soda machine or drizzle 1/4 cup of the syrup over ice in a pint jar & top with seltzer water. Also great for ice cream!